Friday, February 12, 2010

Gnocchi with Butternut Squash and Seared Raddichio
















This dish combines freshly made gnocchi with seared radicchio and butternut squash, flavored with parsley, sage, garlic, parmesan, and gorgonzola.

This was my first ever attempt at making gnocchi, and definitely made some mistakes. First, I cut the pieces way to large when I rolled out the dough. Second, because they were so large I couldn't make them look as nice as I wanted to when I was shaping them with the fork.

That being said, this dish was really nice. The flavors played very well off of each other. The squash and the nutmeg in the gnocchi were sweet balanced by the salt from the gorgonzola. The gorgonzola also served to tame the bitterness of the radicchio. The aroma of this dish is warm and sweet but with a small crisp bite that comes from the parsley.

This dish would pair nicely with a pinot grigio.

No comments:

Post a Comment